Re: 1971 w 300

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Dodge Power Wagon Forum]

Posted by john eickhof [] on Saturday, June 18, 2022 at 12:28:39 :

In Reply to: Re: 1971 w 300 posted by Marty [] on Saturday, June 18, 2022 at 11:51:44 :

it is known as power assist and utilizes the conventional manual steering components except the drag link is unique to the model truck as it has the valving to control the ram attached to the tie rod. the nice thing is with this set up, shoould the hydraulics fail, you still have the normal manual steering, they were available on the w100, w200, w300 and w500 models all are slightly difficult to locate, the 100-300s use the same pump and ram but each has a different drag link, the 500 is very different. like marty says, you wont find it at oreileys, hovever i have stumbled upon them at wrecking yards on rare occasion

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Optional Link
Optional Image Link

(1) Type your Message (2) Load New Code (3) Type new code into box. (4) Click "Post Message" button