Posted by Vaughn [188.8.131.52] on Monday, February 01, 2021 at 18:07:15 :
In Reply to: front wheel bearings 50 Power Wagon posted by Karl [184.108.40.206] on Monday, February 01, 2021 at 14:26:21 :
BCA bearings fit a little tight on the knuckle (spindle), take a piece of 2x4 and hammer and knock the hub on till you can get the inner nut on, then use the nut to finish pushing the hub on, knocking it will not hurt the bearings, it doesn't take too much of a knock.
- To tighten the inner nut and adjust the bearings, turn the nut to seat the hub,
- Then spin the hub to the right while tightening the nut until the nut stops turning with light pressure on your tool,
- Align the rod or whatever you're using at one stud, hold the hub to prevent it turning, then turn the tool left to the next stud,
- Install the lock and outter nut and tighten the outter nut tight. If you can't align the lock hole to the inner nut dowel pin, flip the lock to the opposite side, but align it as close to a hole as possible by doing so, then adjust the inner nut so the lock aligns to the inner nut dowel pin.
- If you have side-to-side play in the hub do to loose bearings, repeat above.
Post a Followup