Posted by Todd Somers [126.96.36.199] on Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 20:21:52 :
In Reply to: 1947 Power wagon posted by Orville Boger [188.8.131.52] on Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 20:49:28 :
Assuming that you have the engine and all of the drivetrain installed:
1. Set the cab with the correct mounting as required, wood blocks on front corners and the proper rear cushions for a 1947 PW and install wiring harness.
2. Set the radiator shell with the radiator installed and the radiator support rods. There should be one washer under each radiator shell stud.
3. Install the hood and adjust the support rods to adjust spacing and make sure it has an even margin around ALL of the hood edges and that the radiator shell is level.
4. Install the cab doors if you have not already done so.
5. Install the bed without the rear fenders installed.
6. Install the front fenders.
7. Install the running boards.
8. Install the rear fenders.
Note that if you are installing new fuel and brake lines this should be done before installing any of the sheet metal.
If I left something out maybe Junior can chime in and add to my directions.
Post a Followup