Posted by Vaughn [126.96.36.199] on Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 18:31:10 :
Ok, I'm helping a friend with his M37 and we have an issue:
- Truck has previously been wired for 12V.
- It has an alternator and civilian distributor
- It is wired for turn signals, civilian setup
- Engine has been pulled so electrical wires to alt., dist, solenoid are free hanging, not ground or touching anything to ground
- With all switches off, touch battery ground wire to frame produces a heck of a spark
Is there anything on an M37 that requires voltage that could be causing the drain? When truck was running the Military volt meter needle was buried to the right of the gauge, I don't know if that is normal.
Any thoughts? Thanks
Post a Followup