Posted by Vaughn [184.108.40.206] on Monday, September 30, 2019 at 11:01:54 :
In Reply to: FFPW Transmission Swap posted by Dean Dysart [220.127.116.11] on Sunday, September 29, 2019 at 22:06:58 :
Why not rebuild the 54, it's a stronger transmission?
- You have to remove the floor plates.
- You may be able to remove the trans with the shift tower on, if not you'll need to remove it.
- Buy large 18" cable ties and use one to tie the parking brake, TC shift lever bracket together by wrapping around the bracket and securing tight. This will hold bolts, spacers, bracket and lever together as a unit. This makes it much easier to remove and install.
- You may have to add some shims to raise the cab if the cab transmission cover plate lays on the transmission, since the 54 is bigger.
- PIF has instructions if you want to do the rebuild yourself - see disassembly/reassembly of large spur gear end of TOC.
Post a Followup