Voltage Regulators

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Dodge Power Wagon Forum]

Posted by Andrew in MI [] on Friday, July 05, 2019 at 18:50:29 :

Something to ponder about here with the part number experts.

My truck is a 1966 WM300, and because it is after serial number 1607568, the part manual calls out for adjustable voltage regulator number: 2444980 which is in picture on the right and can be used with the 37 to 60 amp alternators. My truck did come with the optional 60 amp alternator. Which I have to send to Bill to have rebuilt.

But the truck had installed on it part number 3000074 in picture on left. And the firewall is drilled to accept both styles of regulators.

But the three other holes for the adjustable style regulator were never tapped for screw threads and had body putty over them.

I'm guessing Chrysler never really followed the serial numbers in the parts books when the changes were made to trucks?

Personally, I like the idea of the adjustable one on the right. Besides, they were used in the Imperials, the finest available! Why would my truck deserve less? Ha...Ha!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Optional Link
Optional Image Link

(1) Type your Message (2) Load New Code (3) Type new code into box. (4) Click "Post Message" button