Posted by Vaughn [184.108.40.206] on Sunday, June 09, 2019 at 11:26:33 :
In Reply to: Steering shaft & Dash Not Lining Up posted by Dean [220.127.116.11] on Saturday, June 08, 2019 at 20:24:06 :
- There is no change in steering gear housing between 46-56, so that is not an issue.
- No change in cab mounting other than wood blocks, to rubber insulators.
- No shims used between steering gear housing and frame.
- The left front bolt is the pivot for making alignments to the cab, cab is not aligned, needs shifting.
- Shift cab until steering gear column fits into indentation.
- Steering gear housing and column bracket are the last items to tighten after cab is aligned/secured.
- If cab will not align with column, look for damage to frame/cab.
Post a Followup