Posted by Chris Davis [22.214.171.124] on Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 19:21:53 :
I spent several weeks making space to work on the truck. Had to organize both garages to make enough room in one. (I know, first world problems.)
This weekend I finally started in on the truck itself.
Hood, engine (not original) and radiator assembly were already removed when I got the truck.
Removed the front fenders. Managed to disassemble brackets, inner splash guards, and headlight assemblies on both without breaking any bolts.
Removed the modern seats from the cab.
Removed large auxiliary fuel tank from the bed.
Removed the steel diamond plate bed floor. (lots of cutting/grinding)
Removed the running boards.
Started removing the home made pipe front bumper... lots of cutting and grinding still to do there.
Good progress overall. I plan to disassemble completely and then send everything out for sandblasting.
Iíll make up a stand and do an engine test run for 4BT while everything else is out at sandblasting.
Post a Followup