1954 Dodge Power Wagon with Service Bed
This is a 90% original 1954 C1PW126 with a factory installed Morrison Carry-All service body bed. The original engine was rebuilt in 1998, but only has about 2,000 miles on the engine.
Options installed on the vehicle:
Vehicle purchased by the owner’s father in Utah in 1954, registered in California in 1955. Power Wagon was used as a support vehicle for a drilling rig conducting mineral exploration for rare earth elements (uranium) in California, Nevada, Utah and New Mexico. In 1958 vehicle was placed into storage in San Diego County, CA until 1965 when it was moved to Sierra Madre, CA where it underwent extensive repairs and upgrade to a 12 volt system. The body was repaired and repainted following the factory paint scheme.
In 1972, it was again placed into storage. Late 1994 saw the vehicle moved to Hesperia, CA where it underwent extensive repairs including an engine rebuild, clutch replacement, radiator service and other repairs. The body was repainted for the third time.
Repairs were completed in 1998 and vehicle was driven until late 1999 when it was placed into storage. In May 2003 it was stolen. On Mother’s Day 2016 It was recovered after being advertised on the Internet. The vehicle had 6 miles added on the odometer from when it was stolen. Google Earth photos show it sat for 13 years in a back yard and did not move.
In 2016 vehicle was thoroughly reconditioned. Brakes were repaired, radiator rebuilt with a new Mopar core and new hoses installed, electrical system was upgraded to a 12v alternator, new wiring, tail lights and horn installed. The gas tank was replaced with a ~39 gallon custom tank. Body was repaired including new body and hood lacings. Paint is the original color scheme of red and black. The original license plates from 1965 were restored to the vehicle.
Vehicle is a working vehicle, not a museum piece but also has been in parades and car shows.
Call Miles at (760) 680-3368 or email [email protected]