1956 Dodge Power Wagon, resurrected from certain doom. Originally owned by the Maine Forestry Service. Starts easily, and rides like an old truck!
Most of this truck is original, with some important changes. The biggest change is that the ME Forestry Service slipped in a 4-speed Muncie transmission, and 327 Chevy beauty in late 1960's. I know what you are thinking.....but I gotta say, it looks great in there.
- New 4-barrel Edelbrock carb with manual choke, electric ignition, refurbished cab heater. All gauges work. New starter, alternator.
- Original working wiper motors - passenger side temperamental
- All suspension is original with New 2 front shocks
- New drum brakes, brake lines, gas lines
- Original front and rear end with working 4WD
- Despite the powerful engine, all of the original equipment keeps top speed around 50mph
- D300 brake booster under the bed, new brakes, seal, etc - stops very well.
- Completely rewired, new dual exhaust.
- New air horn gives it a big truck sound in parades!
- The wheels are custom made 17.5" (professionally) with new big wide tires 14-17.5 IMPORTANT: this setup came on the truck I liked the stance so I kept them. However, you need to know that these tires do create a bit of a bounce at certain speeds - will smooth out. I do have the original 4 split-rims. 1 mounts the spare, the other 3 included. For the "luxury" ride of a vintage power wagon, you can mount the 16's.
- Includes a front or rear hitch mount 9,000 lb. Ramsey winch, with all the gear you will need to get out of tight spots.
- Has a great 1956 tow truck tool box in bed.
- Composite planks with aluminum diamond plate bed.
- Lots of stainless steel bolts for all those you see.
- Odometer reads 75,088. It was working when I took it out 2 yrs ago - not now. However, I've put only about 300 miles on it since. Speedometer works.
- Interior still needs headliner (I have the trim pieces) and carpet. I have lap seat belts I will include if you want to install.
- Finally, I will include an original Power Wagon 4-page advertisement brochure, and paint-chip sheet.
Asking $35,000 obo. If shipping, I can help on this end if you arrange.
Paul at (207) 344-4012 or email@example.com - located in Auburn Maine