1952 Dodge M37
1952 Dodge M37 $9,000 [MA]
1952 Dodge M37.
I have owned this truck for approximately 8 years, and put a lot of work into it. Life has changed, and I no longer have the time or enthusiasm for this truck. I have receipts for most of, if not all of the work. This truck was originally an M42 Command Truck, and has some parts and modifications which show this.
Work done to truck includes:
- Rebuilt Chrysler Industrial Engine, with new rob bearings, piston rings, complete gasket set, bored .040 over. Done by local heavy equipment shop familiar with Power Wagons. Work completed in 2011, engine still being broken in.
Complete new updated, and modern wiring harness, Speedway Brand, GM style.
- Truck is 12 volt, with 6 volt starter. New cap, rotor, plugs, wires, points, condenser, and coil in 2011.
- Front end was taken apart, checked, bearings repacked, seals replaced, and REAL Warn hubs installed.
- Original gas tank was removed, cleaned, and sealed by local radiator shop.
- Badlands 12,000 pound electric winch installed.
- New windshield glass, and body work completed in 2013. Original fenders replaced, frame painted, truck primed and sealed. Never got around to paint.
- All new armored brake lines and hoses, ordered from Vintage Power Wagons. New wheel cylinders, and master cylinder.
- Not pictured, but new reproduction canvas top and all installation hardware included.
- Passenger side seat reupholstered by local shop.
- New tubes and flaps, and second hand (but great shape) Power King tires installed in 2014
- Reproduction military spotlight mount, made by blueprints from G741.org. Produced by local fabrication shop, very well done.
- Replaced driveshaft in 2016, with NEW u-joints.
- Rebuilt carburetor with new kit by local carb shop in 2014.
- Replaced exhaust manifold, new gaskets.
- All manifold studs and hardware ordered from Vintage Power Wagons, currently stainless reproductions.
I will include with the sale:
- Take out radiator, should be good to install after a flushing.
- CCKW hardtop, came on the truck when I got it, appears to have been installed by military.
- Farm jack, chains, tow strap, and shackles.
- Lug wrench, and 5 gallon jerry can, with holder.
- Tractor Supply tool box, currently installed in bed of truck.
- Spare tire, with new tube and flap in 2014. Never used.
- Various parts and pieces, and reproduction rubber gaskets from Midwest Military
- New fire extinguisher, mounted in cab.
Regular yearly maintenance performed by owner.
Also available if interested, 1940's Converto "Jeep Trailer," with new tires and tubes, new wiring, new jack, and clean MA registration.
As this is a 65 year old truck, there are some minor aches and pains. I will be happy to discuss these with any interested buyers.
Price asking $9,000.
Title in hand, clean MA registration. Will not ship truck.
See attached photographs, feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions relative to this posting.
This is your chance to get a great vehicle in wonderful condition.